Media24 staffers do more than their bit on Mandela Day
Media24 staffers countrywide celebrated Mandela Day today by rolling up their sleeves and getting involved in the heartbeat of South Africa by not only publishing stories of hope but also making them happen. The day kicked off with a special full-page ad in Die Burger and Son celebrating dads, granddads and great-granddads. Media24 in partnership with Mediclinic donated R94 000 to Badisa, which is part of our Giving You Space to Grow project. The monies will be used to help an old-age home in Milnerton, Cape Town. Staff members also packed snack packs for the Matha a Bana project in aid of child rape survivors. More than 6 000 packs were donated. Other Mandela Day projects included:
- Donating a refurbished shipping container (we're recycling too!) to serve as a trauma and counselling unit for abused children in Atlantis in the Western Cape
- Members of Die Burger and Landbouweekblad's parliamentary teams covered schoolbooks which will be distributed to libraries in Cape Town
- Donating books to WD Hendrickse Primary School in Kensington, Cape Town in partnership with the Mandela Rhodes Foundation
- Media24 Books' employee engagement forum members packed 200 care packs for child rape victims at the Thuthuzela Centre in Bellville, Cape Town
- Naspers Centre was a drop-off point for blankets that will be distributed among the needy.